Your closest girlfriend has finally secured that big rock on her finger, so what’s the next step? How do you help make her bridal bliss dreams come true? The answer couldn’t be more obvious…
TAKE HER TO LAS VEGAS!
Yes, I said it. Vegas. It’s the classic spot for a ladies weekend getaway where you can host a memorable bachelorette weekend that she’ll cherish forever. Recently my girlfriends traveled to Sin City with me to celebrate LADYHATTAN’S bachelorette. I’m going to break the rules on the idea that “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”… Being one of the coolest places in America, and possibly the world, it’s important to share travel tips + party ideas for all to enjoy! With that said, I’m sharing all my tips and wildest lady moments from the most femininely fierce bachelorette you could possibly dream of! Here it goes, broken down into categories for your reading pleasure and travel planning pursuits!
WHERE TO SLEEP
There are a million great hotels in Vegas. Your hotel selection should be completely based on how many people you are traveling with. For example, if you are staying with a large group of gals (8+) then you should definitely look into the larger suites/duplex layouts that a few specific hotels offer. With a smaller group (8 or less) you can pretty much stay anywhere with 2-3 standard rooms shared between the group. Overall, I would highly recommend staying ON THE STRIP and as central as possible to be conveniently located near all the bars, clubs, shops and famous casinos. While the Palms is awesome and has ridiculous rooms with gas fireplaces, I can’t stand the fact that it’s a constant car ride away from all the fun. Here are my top 5 choices in luxury hotels for a ladies only trip:
The Lanai Villas at the Mirage: Absolutely gorgeous and spacious rooms (2,000+ square feet per suite) and perfect for a large group of ladies. Each suite even has it’s own mini private pool and patio with as many lounger chairs as you would like. You have your own private butler and the rates even include free round trip transportation in a stretch limo to and from the airport. On top of it all, the décor is decked out in PINK – making it the ultimate girly space for a party.
The Bellagio: With a view of the famous fountains in nearly every guestroom how could you go wrong here? Boasting specialty suites with private pools this is a great option for large groups who want to take the party back to the room; however, these tend to be a bit pricey. The standard rooms are 5-star quality and have large comfy queen beds for your guests. Located literally in the center of the STRIP you will be conveniently in walking distance to nearly everywhere you want to go. The Bank Nightclub is located inside and can be a great venue for some late-night dancing.
The Cosmopolitan: A new modern and chic hotel near city center, I like the Cosmo for it’s feminine and cool vibe. Almost all the rooms boast a private terrace space which is great for catching a gorgeous sunset or view of the strip at night time. I highly recommend the wrap-around terrace rooms for some extra space with a larger group. And if you really want to splurge, this hotel offers Lanai suites right near the pool with duplex layouts! Again, like the other top hotel picks, the Cosmo is conveniently located close to nearly everything on the strip.
The Wynn: The casino area and hallways of this hotel are INSANE! In a good way of course. The decorations of live trees, hanging lanterns and topiaries are enough to make a girl go crazy. Not only are the guest rooms 5-star quality, this hotel is home to Vegas’ best nightclub of all – XS. However, this hotel is not as convenient as the others in terms of central location. The Wynn is further down the strip and may require you to take cars when you venture out to explore Vegas. Despite the subpar location, this hotel is breathtakingly gorgeous and always will be one of Vegas’ best hotels on the strip.
Caesar’s Palace: This hotel screams VEGAS. Literally. From the over-the-top columns, statues, fountains and indulgent pools throughout the grounds of the hotel, Caesar’s takes the cake for luxury and classic “Vegas” atmosphere. I chose to host my party here for a variety of reasons: central location to everything, decently priced (and large) suites for hosting parties, impeccable service leading up to the trip (they offer free VIP concierge service for all prospective guests to help you make reservations and plans) and “wow factor” specials that few other hotels can compete with. To share a bit more detail on booking your party here, I highly recommend the Senator’s Suites for a reasonably priced room that is large enough to sleep a few girls. These suites are enormous (1300+ square feet) and have connecting guestrooms to accommodate more people in your group. The suites can either overlook the pool or the Bellagio fountains. Caesar’s went all out for my girlfriends by picking us up in a complimentary limo and providing us with endless bottles of champagne in the room – I can’t thank them enough for making my weekend pure bliss. We started off the weekend with Brunch inside Caesar’s lobby with complimentary mimosas and bachelorette “pecker” straws (pictured below). Especially since I had so many gals on the trip that had never traveled to Vegas before, I knew this was the perfect hotel for them to get the true Vegas experience – and they sure did! Thank you again, Caesar’s for providing us with such VIP treatment! You are truly the ultimate hotel for “Vegas Bachelorette” party perfection!
WHAT TO DO
What to do in Vegas? There is almost too much to do in Vegas for a short “weekend trip” so prioritize your plans accordingly. From shows, to the best nightclubs in the world, to pool parties, tours, dance classes and roller coasters, Vegas is definitely a Disney World for adults! Here are my top recommendations when traveling to Vegas with the girls:
- Hop off the plane and hit the pool party scene. Typically from April through late September, various pools at the glamorous Vegas hotels host legendary musicial performers and DJs who create the ultimate party environment. Sip cold drinks, show off your sexy bathing suit and take in the Vegas heat. You can’t go wrong with the well-known pool party hotspots – Wet Republic at the MGM Grand, Rehab at the Hard Rock, Encore Beach Club. However, I ventured to a new swanky spot in town that not only offered a beach club atmosphere but a spectacular view of the entire Las Vegas Strip from its unique rooftop location. Yes, that’s right, a rooftop pool party! Drai’s Beach Club, located on the rooftop of the Cromwell Hotel, offered us complimentary bottle service and bungalow space to stretch out and get comfy. To my pleasant surprise, the club is decorated in bright feminine pink colors and had Timmy Trumpet spinning beats (and playing the trumpet of course).
- When in Vegas, one must experience a Vegas show! There are so many great shows to choose from but we had to go with the Britney Spears showcase. Aside from Britney, you can’t go wrong with a Cirque du Soleil show, Chippendales for some serious laughs or Absinthe for some neo-burlesque.
- There’s no place better to step out of your comfort zone. Several of my closest girlfriends to make this trip are wives and mothers. When I told them we were going to a “dance class” they had no idea what to expect. Try Stripper 101. Right in the heart of the Strip, V Theater offers hilariously entertaining dance classes such as the “art of pole dancing”. Regardless of how conservative your friends may be, this class is a fun way to let go and laugh at yourself spinning around on a pole to music.
- Plan a scavenger hunt down the Las Vegas Strip. This is an engaging way to have your party visit different parts of the Strip and learn about Las Vegas. You can even customize the scavenger hunt to your party and to your very own interests whether that be gambling, drinking, site seeing or eating.
- Ride the Big Apple Roller Coaster to channel your inner “Ladyhattan” and catch glimpses of the Manhattan cityscape built in the middle of a desert! The Roller Coaster is located inside the New York New York Hotel.
- Take a tour of Vegas in a limo… or a hot pink hummer. I highly recommend calling the 24/7 Limo Company. They have the hot pink hummer in their fleet and offer the best prices, service and drivers! Our driver took us on an incredible tour of the strip and even surprised us with a pit-stop to an old famous bar in downtown Vegas where guests dance on the bar counters.
- Check-out the nightclub scene. My personal favorite hotspots are XS, Life at SLS, Marquee, Tao, and The Bank.
- Wig out and make your party wear bright colored wigs. Why? Because it’s Vegas Baby!
WHERE TO EAT
Filled with famous chefs, Vegas is definitely an American mecca for new and popular restaurants. However, not every bachelorette group will only want to wine and dine at fancy restaurants all weekend. Every party girl knows that there is nothing better than a milkshake and greasy grub after a crazy night out. Here are some recommendations of a few places ranging in formality and price range to satisfy any cravings or budget constraints:
- For a fancy night out try Joel Robuchon for the ultimate in French flavor and flair. Located inside the MGM, diners get a free limo service to and from the restaurant. If you like fine French foods, or perhaps foi gras, this is your fancy spot for a girly celebration. If this place doesn’t float your boat, a close contender is Le Cirque located inside the Bellagio Hotel. Delicious French food and gorgeous décor set the tone for a royal dining experience.
- For meat lovers, CUT is your place to go. Expensive but worth every bite of juicy filet mignon at this Wolfgang Puck steakhouse.
- For sushi fanatics, you can get a very “Vegas” dining experience by eating at TAO. Here you will munch on delicious Asian cuisine to the beats of loud music setting the scene for the nightclub atmosphere that gets busy after 11pm. For a more relaxed and tranquil setting, contact KOI for a special reservation. They will create a custom menu for your party and include an empress dessert platter if you’re lucky (or just tell them Ladyhattan sent you).
- For a hangover cure and some good ole comfort food after a day out at the pool party head to Serendipity 3 and be sure to get a chocolate shake paired with greasy french fries.
- For a group with a sweet tooth, try The Sugar Factory and experience crazy signature cocktails adorned with candies and oozing with steam for a “wow factor” moment. All of these crazy concoctions are paired with your typical American Brasserie fare – they have a wide variety of options on the menu to please any appetite.
- For a group of gals that enjoy wine and cheese like Ladyhattan, try Le Cave located inside the Wynn for charcuterie plates and delicious wine pairings.
- For dinner by my favorite lady chef, Giada of course, try her new restaurant, GIADA, inside the Cromwell Hotel for delicious Italian bites.
WHAT TO GET FOR YOUR PARTY
Make sure to prepare for your ultimate party weekend by purchasing all the necessary “bachelorette swag” and gear! To find bachelorette themed gear that is both affordable and perfect for the occasion, check-out HOUSE OF BACHELORETTE. They are constantly offering deals, promos and freebies including tons of games or activities for your weekend of lady fun. Think about preparing gift bags with essential (and silly) items to surprise your guests when they arrive to Vegas. Check-out the photographs below picturing some of my favorite lady-themed goodie bags and favors that provide for a warm welcome to Las Vegas. You can fill the bags with sunglasses, games, sweet treats, custom shot glasses or perhaps a much needed bottle of sparkling water and Advil. Also, another suggestion is to purchase party decorations in advance and bring these with you on your trip. Banners, streamers, balloons, coordinating cups, you name and it will help transform your standard Vegas suite into a themed party palace.
Hoping these insider travel tips on Sin City have been helpful to you for your next bachelorette bash or Vegas experience! From Manhattan to the world, I hope to share my lady take on one city at a time. Until next time, Las Vegas!