Fall season is here New Yorkers, and what better time of the year to plan a weekend escape to the nearby countryside? Believe it or not, within just hours of the concrete jungle, one can find mountains, apple orchards, pumpkin patches, and adventurous activities made for letting a city spirit run wild and free. Pack the duffel and hop in the car, it’s time to see some fall foliage outside of our beloved Central Park.
While I am not (and never will be) a “fashion blogger” I still have to find the appropriate clothes to wear for all of my travels. Each place I travel to requires different packing essentials and location-specific styles. If I need serious fashion advice or personal styling, I head to my personal stylist at the Trunk Club of New York (ask for senior stylist, Hope McGrath). But even with the help of a stylist, I am still undeniably a fashion disaster, especially when it comes to being stylish outside of the Big Apple. I am not afraid to admit that like most of my fellow New Yorkers, I tend to “get by” with the all-black-everything style that seems to never get old in Manhattan. Thankfully, when I made plans to attend the Orvis Wingshooting School, I discovered the easy and fall-festive fashions available from Orvis for both men and women. Adorable flannel patterns, comfortable boots, and preppy jackets, Orvis had everything I needed to prepare me for some much needed time spent in the good old outdoors. Below I am sharing photographs of my easy packing experience with some of the treats Orvis sent me for a weekend spent in Hudson Valley. Be sure to stay tuned for a full recap of our experience at the Orvis Wingshooting School and favorite hotspots to visit throughout Hudson Valley this fall season!
Orvis Must-Haves for Fall
- Light Classic Jacket – A classic Barbour style jacket from Orvis never goes out of style. Buy one this year and wear it for ten more.
- Fun Flannel – I love the different styles and patterns in the Orvis Flannels. I went for the distress washed orange/blue style that provided for a perfect contrast with blue denim.
- Sperry Boots – Thank GOD for these boots for an outdoor activity packed weekend. These booties are as comfortable as my nike sneakers, but warm and essential for puddles, mud and unexpected rain.
- Camo Hat – I love this camo hat that made me feel like a “country girl” for a hot minute. It matched the flannel and jacket quite well, and kept me dry in the light rain that passed as we enjoyed the gorgeous outdoors.
- Denim Jeans – Can’t go wrong with a pair of blue jeans for a weekend outside of Manhattan. With no reason to dress up and every reason to dress down, I loved throwing on a pair of comfortable jeans with my cozy flannel from Orvis.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts on our insider experience at the Orvis Wingshooting School and Hudson Valley “hotspots” worth visiting this fall season! Until the next sweet escape.