In about one week I will be headed back to my second favorite city in the world: PARIS, France! I love Paris. Who doesn’t? It’s gorgeous. Romantic. Delicious. Awesome shopping. Beautiful language. Relaxed culture. Endless wine. The smell of fresh croissants everywhere. History. Museums. PDA friendly. Life does not get any better while in Paris.
When I was back in college I had the chance to live in Paris for quite some time. First, I lived in Paris for a summer while studying abroad and practicing french. Because I loved my experience so much, I found an opportunity with an international bank and returned to work full-time for a few more months. Spending this much time in Paris has not only allowed me to fall more in love with the city, but gave me the chance to fully understand all the neighborhoods & hotspots. From food, to shopping, and partying late with the Parisians, I’ve had my fair share of fun in the city of love! With that said – I always find a reason to return.
As a single younger woman in Paris, I always thought to myself, “this is the most romantic place in the world….” With that in mind, I made a promise that when I fell truly in love and found the man I was going to marry – I would return to Paris and show him all of my favorite things throughout the city. Thankfully, Erik agreed and planned for us to travel to Paris this spring. I can’t wait to show him around and take him to all of my favorite places! Before traveling, I have been pinning away and making lists of “must do” activities for couples while in Paris. I am happy to share my list of romantic ideas for couples traveling to Paris. See below for more details.
Top things to do for Lovers in Paris:
1. Put a lock on the Love Lock bridge with your signatures or favorite symbol
2. Stroll along the Seine River and pick out a book from the local vendors
3. Savor signature cocktails at the Ritz Carlton’s famous Hemingway Bar and parler français like no one is watching
4. Smother your lips with a nutella and strawberry crepe while watching the sun go down from atop Montmartre
5. Share a kiss on the Metro – everybody is doing it
6. Light a candle and make a wish/prayer for your future at the Notre-Dame de Paris
7. Get lost laughing in the back streets of Saint-Germain-des-Prés
8. Taste wine and speak french with the local bartenders at cafes in Le Marais
9. Sip some Veuve Clicquot champagne with Laudree macaroons at anytime of the day
10. Go antique shopping at Paris’ most famous vintage boutiques and find items for your home or wedding
These are just a few of my lady in love ideas… At the end of the day you could do nothing in Paris and still find it to be the most romantic place in the world — so long as you are with the one you love! I look forward to sharing more details on hotspots, restaurant favorites, shopping ideas, and more!