I love featuring hotel recommendations for travelers and friends looking for something out of the ordinary – something worth the splurge. Often times I orchestrate travel plans not necessarily for a specific destination, but for a chance to experience what a certain hotel has to offer. In all of my travels I always find that the ambiance, food, service and accommodations of the hotel itself can really make the trip – not necessarily the destination. At the end of the day, a beach is a beach, so what really sets the tone for a relaxing vacation is the hotel and room accommodation you choose. So let’s just say you can’t go wrong with the Banyan Tree in Bali, Indonesia.
In this post, I’ll be taking you all on an insider tour of one of the world’s most breathtaking luxury suites – the perfect place to book for a special vacation, honeymoon, or just a trip of a lifetime with your family. From a grand entrance with poolside afternoon tea, to the first cannon ball of the stay, with glimpses of a week spent dining in a private cliff-side villa, here are the highlights of this Balinese sanctuary.
Welcome to the Banyan Tree in Bali
Just a 30 minute car ride from Bali’s main international airport, I was whisked away to discover breathtaking cliff edge views and striking vistas of the vast Indian Ocean. Poised majestically on Bali’s southernmost cliff, the Banyan Tree’s spacious villas come equipped with private pools, lush landscaped gardens and Balinese bales (read below for an insider tour of my favorite suite). Upon arriving at the hotel, guests are greeted happily with live music, refreshing tea and hand towels, and wait for it, a relaxing mini shoulder massage during check-in. Looking around at the lobby and main hotel spaces, I was impressed with the overall design – contemporary Balinese architecture and style, highlighted by distinct Balinese touches that blended seamlessly with the mystic charm of the hotel’s natural surroundings. Below find highlights of the hotel and photographs of my initial glimpses of the premises, welcome tea, and lunch at the featured restaurant, Jumana.
Highlights of this resort include:
- Private secluded beaches with beach chair and umbrella service
- Kid’s Club (complimentary activities and babysitting for children)
- Three stellar restaurants and two bars
- 73 pool style villas available
- World renown spa, gym and resort style pool with complimentary floaties
- On-call concierge and butler service available for planning all of your excursions and activities
- Close proximity to the famous neighborhood of Nusa Dua and Uluwatu Temple
- Helicopter pad (with options for guests to arrive by helicopter or take a private tour)
- Dove Chapel is available for on-site special occasions or wedding ceremonies
- Multi-award winner with trophies from the World Travel Awards for Bali’s Leading Hotel Residences, TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence, World Luxury Hotel Awards for Luxury Villa Resort, and World Travel Awards for Bali’s Leading Villa Resort
The Sanctuary Suite Tour
I walked down white marble paths atop lotus ponds and opened the door to the gated 2-Bedroom Sanctuary Suite. My jaw dropped when I saw an expansive 1500+ square foot villa with two separate wings – one equipped with guest bedrooms and the other with a living room area and master bedroom. The patio connected the two sections of the villa, centered around a large Jacuzzi, sweeping outdoor awning that covered a large “lounge bed” and of course, the half Olympic size pool with water dropping straight off cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean. We gazed around for a few minutes before my husband dropped his pants and did a cannon ball into the pool – God, I love him (see below for an action shot).
The master bathroom was one of my favorite features of this room. The floor to ceiling glass gave the illusion that you were bathing in an outdoor jungle of exotic flowers and plants. Each night a turn down service included the lighting of a different signature Balinese incenses, fresh slippers and robes beside the bed, and a bubble bath covered with decorative flower petals. So what do you think so far? Pretty nice, right?
Yes, it was so nice that this lady never left. Although there were so many fun activities to do while at the hotel, nearby attractions and restaurants, I was content enough with the villa that I spent four days straight reading books, ordering room service, and swimming laps with a view of paradise. Each day of the vacation I slipped into a Swank Kaftan with bare feet (photographed below). Packing for a stay in this Banyan Tree Suite is easy – swim suit, kaftan, no shoes and no stress. My favorite part of this stay was waking up from the master bedroom, sliding open the glass doors, and then stepping out past the linen curtains to the pool water at my feet and a view of the ocean before my eyes.
The rooms at the Banyan Tree Ungasan are perfect for everyone. I would highly recommend this hotel accommodation for the romantic couples (yes, I’m talking to you honeymooners) who seek privacy and tranquility. With the convenience of the resort’s “Kid’s Club” services and mutiple room villa options, this hotel is a also a go-to for family travelers seeking space and comfort to facilitate quality time.
Although quite a long flight from the States, I can promise you that it is worth every minute of airplane discomfort to see this mind-blowing destination. For more information on this resort or questions about the specific suite featured in this post, email me at Ladyhattan@gmail.com. Thank you to the Banyan Tree for a vacation to remember and new Bali friends never to be forgotten. A special thank you to my dear friend, Dewi, for being one of the most beautiful ladies I have ever met in the world – inside and out. Thank you for including us in Balinese holiday festivities and showing us such a great time in your home country! Book your next stay at the Banyan Tree by e-mailing email@example.com and tell them Ladyhattan sent you for the special treatment.
Highlights of Banyan Tree Suites
- Three and two bedroom suites available
- Gigantic private infinity swimming pools facing the ocean
- Marble soaking tubs and open-air bathrooms
- Living room space equipped with kitchens, dining tables, bose sound systems, large flat screen TVs and iPod docs
- Patios featuring shaded dining tables, lounge beds and private Jacuzzi
- On-call butler and room service dining
- Complimentary daily mini-bar
- Endless sunrises, sunsets and views of the Indian Ocean from atop the cliffs